Interviews can be intimidating so going in prepared will make you more confident and in turn make things go much more smoothly. Let’s look at a few questions you may be asked during your upcoming interview, and how to answer them.
1. Tell me about yourself. This is one of a few ways many employers like to break the ice and ease you into the interview. Keep it professional and talk about where you are in your career and what you hope to accomplish in the coming months.
2. Why do you want to work for us? Answer this question with something more specific to the company. Do your research on the business and see what separates them from other related companies. If you can’t really find anything, then try to make observations as you’re there. They want to know you have some kind of passion for their company or at least their industry
3. Describe a challenge you faced in the work place and what you did to overcome it? This can be a tough one so definitely be prepared. Try to pick an example that could be a potential issue you may encounter in their workplace or industry. Avoid being negative or bashing your previous coworkers. State the problem concisely and how you solved it as a professional.
4. Where do you see yourself in 5 year? They are looking to see your commitment level here. Make sure you let them know that you want to still be working in the same industry and in a higher position…. And at their company!
5. Do you have any questions for us? This is your time to interview the company. Ask questions on things you may have seen in your research regarding question 2. Make sure they aren’t easy questions that anyone could find the answer to. Ask what they can do for you as a company such as potential growth rate and experience within the next few years.